The year 2018 has been an eventful one, and not the least of the events are the candidacy examinations of several PhD students in my group. Candidacy means a total focus on dissertation work, and a clear path towards the degree. Candidacy also is a result of hard work, and I am really grateful to (and happy for) all of my PhD students who worked hard to reach this milestone.
- Ashar Ahmad (Nov 2018; expected graduate late in 2019).
- Hisham Alasmary (Oct 2018; expected to graduate in summer 2020)
- Jiyoo Jang (Dec 2018; expected to graduate in summer 2020)
- Jinchun Choi (Dec 2018; expected to graduate in summer 2020)
- Muhammad Saad (Feb 2019; expected to graduate late in 2020)
- Jeman Park (Feb 2019; expected to graduate in summer 2020)
Up next will be Amin Khormali and Mo Abuhamad, who are both expected to graduate in late 2020).